Friday, April 25, 2008

Weta: Wexford Office

Apparently someone at work is putting together an online monthly newsletter at Weta, and I guess they wanted to feature the different office locations. So they asked one photographer in each of the Weta buildings to photograph the exterior of their building, and the front reception area and receptionist. However, they asked myself and James without realizing we both work at "The Recordpress". I think they missed someone from "Wexford" or maybe they thought one of us worked there...so I volunteered to take the long journey over the hill to the Wexford office...it takes me longer to walk to my car and get in it than it does to actually drive to Wexford...but Recordpress and Wexford are on opposite sides of a hill, and I wasn't about to walk over the hill with my camera gear...plus it was "Formal Friday" at work and I was wearing dress shoes and didn't want to get all sweaty...what a baby! haha :) ...more on Formal Friday later...

So this is Jasmine Wong...no relation...I think? Although her family is from Hong Kong/Southern China, so probably 'family' from back in the day. She's the Receptionist at Wexford, this was the first time meeting her. She's got a younger brother who works as a "Runner" at the Manuka office. I've never met him. Oddly enough when people find out she has a brother that works at Weta, they think it's me...haha.

Someone was supposed to let the Receptionists know that someone would be stopping by to photograph them at some point this week or next, but I think Jasmine found out about 5 minutes before I called her to make sure she'd be around when I went over. She knew I was coming, but had no idea why I was taking her photo. A natural ham for the camera though meant I got a few humorous photos of her and Chris, the Runner for Wexford.

The "Official" photo.

The "Attitude" photo.

The "Angry" photo. I love Chris' expression..haha :) I don't think they'll be using this one.

The "Venting My Frustration" photo.

And one more "Official" photo just in case.

...and a couple of panoramics of Wexford from the front lawn. You'll notice that they are perched atop a hill, overlooking Evans Bay (North) which essentially attaches to Wellington Harbour. On the far left of the last photo you'll see the Northern end of the Wellington Airport runway. Yes, now you know just how close we are to the airport. If you were to drive East down the other side of the hill, that's where Recordpress is located.

No comments: