Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weta: "Formal Friday"

If you work in our industry then you know what our standard dress code is like, but if you don't work in our industry, the standard dress code for the Digital VFX/Computer Animation industry is "none" whatsoever! :) It's pretty much wear what you wanna wear to work. I've seen everything from flip flops and board shorts, to tear away/warm up pants, to jeans and khakis. But the last thing anyone will wear to work is proper business attire...no suits, no ties, maybe a dress shirt but it won't be buttoned up or tucked in. I've rolled into the office wearing a golf shirt and golf slacks before and people asked where I was going "so dressed up"...haha. Ummm..."who's dressed up? I'm going golfing in the afternoon?"

So yes, here at Weta we have a tradition called "Formal Fridays". Apparently it USED to be every Friday, but now it's slacked off to only once in a while. An excuse for us to "dress up". Any of you who work in the Banking or Finance/Accounting industry are probably laughing at me right now, cause you probably pay money to be able to wear jeans on "Casual Fridays" :P

So here at Weta Formal Fridays means an excuse to pile into the photo studio to act like school kids at photo time. That's one of the benefits of our building, is that WE have the photo studio. The other buildings have to make do with taking their Formal Friday photos in the office or outside on the lawn...although Wexford did a great job this year getting everyone onto the grass hill for some great shots. Props to them for that. Anyways, here are just a couple from our department, and a few others of some friends in the building. There's way too many photos to post here. Oh, and not everyone bothers to get dressed up. This was my first time. I thought it'd be fun to participate cause Kristie wanted more numbers from our department this time around...so I went half and half.

I guess this would be my "Frat Boy" or "Movie Director" look...wear a jacket and tie, but still wear a baseball hat because I want to :)

Malcolm "Chocolossus" Thomas-Gustave.

Dana and Malcolm...and yes, Dana is my boss :)

Clowns :)

Jogle...aka James Ogle.

Super Ogle?

And some of the peeps from downstairs...I just like this one cause of Matt's look on his face (sticking his head in frame).

Below are some of the fun pics from Wexford...I'm not sure who took the photos though.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK so I'm going to a smart restaurant in Paris, where the dress code is "Jacket and Tie". Not knowing exactly what that means, I google, and all I come up with is your blog...

Bugger.. fat lot of use you are. :)

p.s. any of the old cinesite crowd still around there?. Charlie T, Dave W, Colin and Lisa and the rest of the motley bunch? if they are, say hi from me!