Sunday, November 30, 2008

US Thanksgiving In NZ

So this weekend was US Thanksgiving, and most of the Americans at work still have Thanksgiving dinners. Apparently securing a turkey is no easy feat either. Shannon and Jessica hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of friends, and they were kind enough to invite a few non-Americans, myself included as the token Canadian :) What is that contraption on the side of the road you're asking? Deep fried turkey! Supposedly a common way to cook turkey in the States...I had never heard of it until coming here. I THINK it's a southern thing? ...cause not all Americans have heard of it either...my friends from Atlanta and Mississippi were the ones that told me. Deep frying a big bird on the side of the road does bring odd stares from passing cars too :)

No comments: