Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Pics

Part of the extensive grounds at Talking Horses horse training centre, Te Horo. This is where my friend Ewa (Eva) goes for riding lessons. I'm going to do a shoot with her and her horse so I went up this weekend to have a look around the riding centre and also the beach that her house backs onto. Not sure where we'll shoot or even what we'll shoot...I've never tried shooting portraits of a rider and horse before...should prove interesting. I'm leaning more towards the beach shots.

I liked how they hung the saddles and reigns in this part of the stable. I met Andrew, "The Horse Whisperer", he's supposedly one of the top horse trainers in New Zealand, very nice guy. He let me wander around on my own as he took care of some of the horses.

Waikanae Beach, about an hours drive NorthWest from Wellington.

Weka Bay, one of the many that make up Wellington Harbour.

I took some family portraits for my friend Kristie (my Coordinator at work). I liked this one best because of the emotion it portrays.

No comments: