Sunday, February 3, 2008

Random Weekend Pics

Just a couple random shots from wandering around on Sunday. I'm borrowing Kristie's (my coordinator) old school Mamiya C220 camera. It's a medium format 6x6 film camera. I'll take a picture of it and add it to this post when I get a chance. So I wandered around with that and my normal camera. I didn't have a light meter so I needed to carry my DSLR to use it's metering system. So basically I'd shoot a test frame with the Canon to get the correct exposure settings, then switch to the Mamiya. I'm going to develp my first two rolls this week...cross my fingers to see what comes out.

On a side note, I really had fun using the camera. It's totally old school but fun to use. I also got a few compliments from people who knew what it was. It's a beauty to look at. Regardless of how these first photos turn out, I'll probably buy one for myself. Even if I don't shoot with it, it makes such a cool looking paperweight for your desk! I'm not sure if I can find any here though, back home the market would be a little bigger, so I may be stuck surfing eBay...but I'm a little reluctant to buy something so old when I can't inspect it myself in person before paying for it. If you've got one or know someone not using theirs, let me know!

Stopped by the wharf again. Jogle and Sarah wanted to see if anyone was jumping off the pier. Man, there were soooo many people jumping! It was actually pretty funny to see groups of 10 or so people all piled onto the beam at once.

James and Sarah. I couldn't resist this cheesy shot :P

Panoramic shot of the lagoon and city.

No comments: