Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Homer's BBQ

So this past Saturday one of my officemates, let's call him John Homer, had a little open house BBQ. I THINK in Kiwi tradition, you fire up the bar-b and then just invite people to drop by throughout the day/evening...or maybe that's just how it turned out.

It was an eclectic yet interesting mix of Weta employees and doctors (John's housemate Adam is a doctor). Just like a grade school dance but instead of boys on one side and girls on the other, it was computer geeks on one side and medical nerds on the other...haha...nah, just joking. Actually everyone mixed and mingled quite freely, couldn't ask for a better group to spend a nice sunny afternoon with. Who knew we could all get along so well!


The Host. Homer's house has an awesome patio for entertaining with nice views over the city. Seen here chillin' with Shannon and Denise...and some Johnnie Black. I decided I would blind them all by practicing some Strobist twilight shots. Not bad for my first attempt, but I also had Jogle by my side helping me out. Thanks James!

The view through the kitchen window out onto the patio. The counter-to-ceiling windows in the kitchen open out fully to the patio, like I said, an awesome setup for parties. And yes, there was a lot to eat and drink.

Ameria (Adam's girlfriend, far right) caught me taking candid portraits earlier and when she saw me with the camera later on, she 'hammed it up' for me a little and I almost missed this shot cause I wasn't expecting it.

Couple of candid portraits. The afternoon light on the patio was too nice to pass up. Hiding in the back of the kitchen and shooting 'commando style' through the open windows, I was amazed at how many people caught me in the act...haha. My colleague Christine seems to have some sixth sense at knowing when I'm pointing a camera in her direction...it's almost spooky how she knows :P

Christine, fellow Cretard and Canuck. This is one of the only pictures I got where she wasn't giving me the 'evil eye' for photographing her...heh heh :P

Judith, she works on the film side of Weta.

Lei, she doesn't work for Weta, she's Lonnie's girlfriend. Lonnie and I are in the same office.

Agustine, affiliated with the Argies. This guy has the most insane card tricks.

Jogle, aka James. He totally knew I was taking a shot of him but played along and pretended not to look :)

Last one, not so candid though. Sarah and James.


No comments: