Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Fruits

Every morning Weta supplies us with fresh fruit to eat. The usual suspects...apples, bananas, oranges, pears, peaches, nectarines, cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple and sometimes mango. They also have a variety of more 'exotic' fruits. I'm going to make it my duty to try each weird looking fruit at least once.

Today I tried a Feijoa, native to Brazil and Uraguay and grows on a plant. The variety I tried was a little bit sweet with a slight tang to it. Not sure if it reminds me of sour sop or not...probably because I can't remember what sour sop tastes like. :)



I also tried a Tamarillo, also known as a Tree Tomato. Thought to be South American in origin, New Zealand grows it for commercial export. The coolest thing about this Red variety is that when you cut it in half, it has a Chinese design! Not sure I liked this one though. It's got a very unique taste and a definite tang to it.

No comments: