Thursday, January 1, 2009

100 Strangers #39: John Assyriaan

This is number 39 of 100 in my 100 Strangers photo project.

This is John Assyriaan from Wellington, NZ, Hair Stylist. Born in Iraq, he moved to Wellington 6 years ago where he went to school for Hair Styling, and now works in the city at one of the hair salons. He's the second Hair Stylist in my 100 Strangers project.

Having a couple weeks off work for the holidays I decided to venture down into the business district as it's not often I get to wander around there during the day when the city is busy. Midland Park is a popular spot for people to spend their lunchtime and just generally chill and soak up a bit of sun during their work breaks. It's next to a busy shopping street on one side, and several office buildings on the other. There's a grass lawn surrounded by trees and benches offering plenty of room to sit and relax. It was a nice sunny day (it's summer down here in the Southern Hemisphere) so I wanted to find a Stranger out on the lawn.

John was out having a smoke break and out of everyone on the lawn he was the one that stood out due to his shiny bold patterned shirt. He had a bit of time on his break, so he lit up another one and sat back while I snapped a few shots.

"What was the last thing you ate before becoming Stranger #39 John?" ...mixed meat kebab.

Thanks for participating John.

You can see the alternate portraits of John in my 100 Strangers Alternates set, and you can see my other strangers in my 100 Strangers set, and strangers from other participating photographers in the 100 Strangers flickr pool. Learn more about the 100 Strangers photo project here.

No comments: