Thursday, March 27, 2008

Formula1: 2008 Australian Grand Prix

Some random pics I took at the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne last week. It was soooo hot, but it was good to be back at an F1 race. The noise was just as good as I had remembered it to be! Unfortunately Ferrari didn't have the season opener they were hoping for, and my arch nemesis Lewis Hamilton (pictured above) took the checkered flag. If you're not a race fan this post may bore you :)

We had pretty decent seats in the Jones Grandstand. Outside of Turn 1. Expecting there to be some mayhem, as with most Turn 1s in F1, I decided to prefocus my camera and just fire sequential frames as the cars entered on lap one. Sure enough, I wasn't disappointed :) One of the Force India cars getting some air time. The dude's hand in my way was the guy in front of me...Ferrari fan reacting to Felipe Massa stuffing his car into the wall after losing the back end, all on his own! ...sigh...

Here's a shot for Damian and Piero. I doubt they even read this though :P

If I get around to it I'll add some more pictures to this thread.